Mumbai: Summer is here and it is all about wearing comfy clothes. Whether you are heading to the gym, heading for brunch or just having a movie night at home, athleisure has become an integral part of our wardrobe. Seamlessly blending both the worlds of fashion and comfort, it provides all day functionality like no other style.
Want to pull off the perfect athleisure look? Here are some ways you can achieve the athleisure look effortlessly:
- Rock the T-shirt day: Want to look cute but feel comfy at the same time? Well, it isn’t that hard to create an outfit that does both. Pair a T-shirt dress with classic white sneakers for that uber-cool athleisure vibe! You can even throw on a denim shirt for a dressier version of the same look.
- Neon is the new monochrome: Thanks to the booming trend in athleisure, sneakers have now become the go-to footwear even with skirts and dresses. This summer add a dash of neon to brighten things up this summer. Pair your neon sneakers with a cool white tee for a relaxed and a spunky look.
- Live in your leggings: Casual is the new chic and it is acceptable to don your leggings with a floral jacket to create that effortlessly stylish look.
- Hooded and how: The athleisure trend isn’t going anywhere. Love the sporty style but want to add the oomph factor? Throw on a hooded jacket over a pair of leggings or shorts to reel in the paparazzi. A synchronised jacket and joggers sweat is a sure way to seal the athleisure look.
- Colourblock your tees: Your regular tee just got colourful and cooler with the colourblocking trend this season. Colourblocked tees usually have two to three colours in stripes or asymmetrical shapes which add a burst of colour to your otherwise boring tee and jeans combination. Pair these tees with loose joggers to ace the summer look.
- Jog it up: Closest to your sweatpants, joggers are one of the hottest trends right now. Whether it’s running, yoga, workout and anything else in between, it combines both style and comfort. Incorporate a pair into your everyday ensemble. A simple black jogger is both versatile and super fashionable, style it with a casual T-shirt and a hoodie to champion the athleisure trend.
- Prints for your sole: Printed sneakers exude a cool look and can take your athleisure look a notch higher. Ditch the plain, boring sneakers for a pair of cool printed ones to stay in sync with the latest style. Comfortable to wear all day long, they can even be paired with formal wear to spice up your casual Fridays.
- Say no to regular jackets: Slightly different from your regular jackets, bomber jackets are a sure way to make the heads turn. Wear it with the front zip open and over a basic T-shirt to the gym or for a relaxed night-out with your friends.
*Disclaimer: This article has been contributed by Narendra Kumar, Creative Director of Amazon Fashion. The facts and figures appearing in this article do not reflect the views of Deccan Chronicle, and Deccan Chronicle does not assume any responsibility and liability for the same.