Entertainment Music 13 Nov 2019 Siennor sings songs ...

Siennor sings songs with a message

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | DHARSHINI RAMANA
Published Nov 14, 2019, 12:00 am IST
Updated Nov 14, 2019, 12:00 am IST
Siennor city-based singer and songwriter who loves experimenting with music talks to DC.
Siennor
 Siennor

Siennor, a popular city-based singer-cum-song writer started his career as a pianist and he learned the guitar all by himself. Initially, he was part of a band called 'Endless Knot', which took Bharathiyar's poems and composed music for them.  He has branched out now and is doing live concerts with the name Siennor. Recently, he formed the project band Siennor Trio with him as bass guitarist and a drummer. He has been writing songs from a young age that have a philosophical spin to it.

"I started playing piano from quite a young age and I started playing guitar when I was around 12 or 13 and then started writing my own songs when I was 17, so everything happened gradually", relishes Siennor.

 

More than the music, the content and the things he wants to say matter a lot. He would like to talk about the issues that people face daily.  And what about his inspiration for writing songs? "For songs, most of the inspiration comes from the city I live in, the people around me, institutions and from the things I read so 75% of the songs are inspired like this and the rest 25% I make sure I sing some philosophy and whatever I believe in", says, Siennor.  

The first song released by Siennor was 'Ponnira Maalai' and then a rock and roll number set on terrace jam, 'Hey Thozi, Nenjam Nenjam'. Siennor is a solo artiste and he also performs with a band. He is performing with Gowtham Healer (drums) and Kabeeb (bass guitarist) as a trio.

 

"I have a prompt or a theme in my mind but I don't stick to it while finishing the song. I just write songs with a flow just to make sure that the process is more interesting and the same goes for music as well because the reason I don't stick to one genre I try to mix it up every time and experiment with music. I prefer starting off with one prompt and building over it and see where it takes us", says Siennor in declaring him as an experimental musician.  

Siennor is also planning to come up with songs with social messages. One is a piano instrument called Ambivalent which is already there on Youtube and another one is an electronic experimental called 'Oru Murai' which will be realising on Nov. 26. Next month he will be realising their first EP (extended play) electro-acoustic which has 6 songs and is called 'Agappor.'

 

Siennor will be performing in a trio in the city on Nov.30.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT