R. Madhavan, who unveiled his film Rocketry’s trailer today, has introduced not the story of Nambi Narayan, but how India suffered by arresting him for 50 days.
He appeared to be eager to tell a story, of the man who became quite a sensation at one point of time and in fact, even shocked the media by showing one of his pictures where he did not even look like a typical Indian guy!
Here are a few more things about the man which you need to known before watching the film:
- He was scientist in ISRO
- Narayan headed the cryogenic division there
- He released a book which was about his life, including the phase of his imprisonment
- Dr. Nambi was arrested for charges of spying on Pakistan in 1994
- He said ISRO was target of international conspiracy
- He also claimed foreign sources were involved as ghost (invisible)
- He further went on to mention that the purpose was to stall India’s cryogenic engine
- Russia cancelled a deal worth 3 million dollars in 1993 with India on America’s word
- 15 years of delay in making cryogenic engine possible cost Narayan his job and reputation, whereas he claims America wanted to ensure the mission isn’t successful because they had 300 million at stake
- Today, Dr. Nambi Narayan is one of the main reasons why India provides satellites, even to America, at lower cost...