Entertainment Bollywood 28 Jul 2016 Exclusive: Sajid Kha ...

Exclusive: Sajid Khan to make a comeback in the Housefull camp

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | MEHUL S THAKKAR
Published Jul 28, 2016, 1:01 am IST
Updated Jul 28, 2016, 11:44 am IST
... having patched up with his producer friend Sajid Nadiadwala, Khan will helm Housefull 4.
Sajid Khan
 Sajid Khan

Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan were thick as thieves for a long time until some differences started creeping up and separated the duo. Producer Nadiadwala gave Khan his big break with the chance to direct Housefull (2010) with its huge ensemble star cast.

The film was one of the biggest blockbusters of that year and made Sajid one of the most successful debut directors. And by 2012, Sajid was ready with the second installment of the film, Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen, which again was a blockbuster. But then due to some differences between the two, they discontinued their association and the producer roped in Sajid-Farhad, who had earlier done the screenplay for Housefull 1 and 2, to direct the franchise’s third film.

 

Though there were reports that Sajid Khan was ‘replaced’, the director, at that time, had clarified that he was the one who opted out. By the time they patched up again, Sajid-Farhad were already roped in. Nadiadwala had also later clarified that it was the director who opted out of Housefull 3. Later, Sajid went on to make two films — Himmatwala and Humshakals with Ajay and Saif respectively — both of which tanked at the box office.

All that, however, seems to be a thing of the past, if recent events are to be taken into consideration. On Sajid Khan’s birthday last year, Nadiadwala hosted a big bash and many actors, part of the Housefull franchise attended it. It was clearly a sign that the two have buried the hatchet and are back together.

A source reveals, “They discussed about working together, and getting back to the Housefull franchise seemed to be the most obvious choice. Now, it can be said with surety that Sajid will invest all his energy to make this franchise even bigger than what it already is.”

With the two busy with their own commitments at the moment, the project may take a while to kick off, says a source. “It will happen organically and it won’t start till next year. It will again have a huge ensemble cast but no actors have been approached yet,” the source added.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT