Sohum Shah is a national award-winning actor and has shared screen space with renowned names in Bollywood like Irrfan Khan, Hansal Mehta and Kangana Ranaut.
The actor's body of work has received critical appreciation for films like ‘Ship of Theseus’ and ‘Talvar’. He has also worked in Kangana Ranaut starrer 'Simran'.
Apart from being a skilled actor, he has gone on to prove he’s also a good human being by supporting organ donation.
When asked about organ donation, he said, "We live in a busy, complicated world where everyone is running after their dreams and ambitions. Let's reflect on a simple fact that even if one person decides to donate, many lives can be saved. Do your part and help light up someone else's life."
However there are some more things you probably didn’t know about him. Here’s what they are:
1. Sohum Shah is currently making news for next Tumbbad, which is the first Indian movie to be screened at the Venice Film Festival.
2. Ace filmmaker Aanand L Rai, who is soon going to come out with his movie ‘Zero’ starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in lead roles, has collaborated with Sohum on his dream project Tumbbad.
3. He has worked on the film for 6 long years, which is longer than even ‘Baahubali’.
4. Ace filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani took to his social media handle to praise his performance in Tumbbad, calling him outstanding in the film. This is special for Sohum since Rajkumar Hirani rarely praises any film on social media.
5. Sohum has worked with Irrfan Khan in ‘Talvar’. He played an assistant (ACP) to investigation officer of Central Department of Investigation (CDI) Ashwin Kumar alias Irrfan....