Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan joins Anushka Sharma, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Alia Bhatt and Deepika Padukone in turning producer. Her husband Saif Ali Khan had done so earlier, and many members of her Kapoor family went into production too — including her grandfather Raj Kapoor, her father Randhir Kapoor, her late uncle Rajiv Kapoor and grand uncle Shashi Kapoor.
Bebo is bankrolling a slick, edgy, thriller in collaboration with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms. It will be directed by Hansal Mehta, who is on a high after the success of Scam 1992. Inspired by a real-life incident, the story is set in UK. The movie is scheduled to go on the floors soon.
“It is indeed exciting to work as a producer on this film with Ekta whom my family has known for years and of course to be directed by Hansal for the first time. I am a huge fan of Hansal’s films and to be working with him for the first time will be special. There are a lot of firsts on this film and I cannot wait to begin this journey,” says Kareena who had collaborated with Ekta Kapoor after the birth of her son Taimur for Veere Di Wedding and is now working with her again after the birth of her second son.
Sources add that two more announcements are on the cards. “Kareena has liked two more projects and will make the announcements at the earliest, once the deals are locked. She has been wanting to strike the right balance between her films and life with her family,” say the sources.
Multifaceted Kareena Kapoor
1. Kareena has not been content being an actress, and has explored other facets of her personality as well.
2. She first turned designer, starting her own clothing line with fashion major Globus. She later launched her own cosmetic line after tying up with the international brand Lakme
3. She also wrote a set of books with her celeb dietician friend Rujuta Diwekar, starting with Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight about healthy eating habits. This was followed by Women and The Weight Loss Tamasha. The Style Diary Of A Bollywood Diva came next with Rochelle Pinto. With Rujuta she made a documentary called The Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right.
4. Kareena has been hosting a radio show titled What Women Want. It is about issues faced by women today and the actress chats with celebrities. The show also has a video version for digital platforms.
5. Incidentally, during the lockdown and before her second pregnancy, Kareena topped the TAM adex- TV Year Rounder Report 2020 among female actors. She secured 10% share of celebrity ad volumes in the year 2020.
6. During the Covid-19 lockdown, Kareena Kapoor received multiple offers to become the face of some of the most popular brands. In fact, she received the most number of brand endorsement offers during her pregnancy. She started her journey on Instagram after she became brand ambassador for one of the biggest sports brands in the world. During the lockdown, she teamed up with husband Saif Ali Khan to endorse baby care products and a brand that sells water pipes.