Mumbai: Sindh Minister for Culture, Tourism and Antiquities Sardar Ali Shah has strongly reacted to Ashutosh Gowariker's recently released flick 'Mohenjo Daro' and asked the director to tender an apology for distorting facts. Shah said that this film has made a mockery of highly developed culture of the 5000-year-old civilization, reports the Dawn.
He said that he would soon communicate Sindh's reaction and objections to 'the director concerned'. According to Shah, the movie depicted nothing but figments of imagination of filmmakers and had nothing to do with history of Mohenjo-Daro. He added that the world had widely acknowledged the importance of the heritage sites of Sindh, which was evident from the fact that Makli necropolis and Mohenjo-Daro had been included in the list of international heritage sites and UNESCO was caring for them in coordination with the government.
Shah is not the only one who has taken offense over the artistic liberty taken by Gowariker. The movie faced flak of many historians, starting right from the release of its trailer.
Released on August 12, 'Mohenjo Daro' marks the debut of Pooja Hegde and is produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Sunita Gowariker.
The film brings an epic adventure-romance story on the silver screen. It is set in the city of Mohenjo Daro in the era of the Indus Valley civilisation which dates back to 2,600 BC.
'Mohenjo Daro' is Hrithik's second collaboration with Gowariker after the 2008 film Jodhaa Akbar....