JNTUA offers degree, PG courses for foreign students

ANANTAPUR: The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTUA) is offering various UG and PG programmes to students from foreign countries who intend to do their higher education in India.

JNTUA vice-chancellor Prof Ranga Janardhan here on Friday briefed about the courses on offer to foreign students and said applications were being received from foreign students who wish to study engineering, post-graduation in business management and computer applications.

About 30 per cent concession in tuition fee and 40 per cent in development fee are on offer to students from SAARC countries, the VC said.

In engineering graduation, civil, electrical, electronics, mechanical, computer science, chemical engineering and food technology are the courses offered by the university as also the Oil Technology Research & Training Institute in Anantapur. However, the ICCR-sponsored foreign students are eligible for direct admissions.

Further, the two-year post graduation course in M.Tech in structural engineering, structural engineering (Bridges and Tunnels), electrical power systems, power and Industrial drives, refrigeration & air conditioning, advanced manufacturing systems, digital electronics & communication systems, VLSI system design, computer science and nano-technology along with MCA and MBA in general management fin- tech and business analytics are offered for foreign students along with local students.

The vice chancellor said a pass of K12 or the equivalent exam of 10+2 is required for admission to graduation courses; and bachelor of engineering /technology degree in the relevant field is needed for those applying for post- graduation in engineering. However, for MCA, any undergraduate degree with Mathematics as a subject is permitted while any undergraduate degree-holder is eligible for admission to MBA course.

Admissions are also based on the scores obtained in any of the tests IELTS/TOEFL /GMAT, marks obtained in qualifying examinations in addition to the other requirements/existing rules of JNTUA.

For details, contact the director, foreign affairs, through email/phone/direct contact. For brochure and application, visit university website link:

Students can apply for work-allowed Residence permit after completion of studies, to seek employment or start their own business in India.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story