New Delhi: The CBI was on Wednesday directed by a Special court to return some documents seized by it during the raids at the office of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's principal secretary Rajendra Kumar to the Delhi government.
While disposing of an application filed by the Delhi government seeking release of some of the documents seized by the agency during its raid on December 15 last year, Special CBI Judge Ajay Kumar Jain said, "directions have been given to release the documents".
"The application dated December 21, 2015 filed by the Government of NCT of Delhi is disposed of. CBI is directed to release the documents in terms of para number 8 of the order," the judge said while pronouncing the order.
In its plea, Delhi government had also sought initiation of stringent action against erring officials responsible for raiding "malafidely the office of applicant and seizing documents which cause immense dislocation of work in the office of the applicant."
"The sole objective of the raid at 'said premises' was to malafidely intrude, obstruct and dislocate the work of government of NCT of Delhi as such and cause immense harm, juxtaposed with state's functions to secure societal reforms, welfare, security and privacy," the plea had said.
CBI had raided office of Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar on December 15, 2015 during which entry of officials and staff were banned on third floor from where Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal runs his government.
CBI had earlier told the court that the raid at Kumar's office was not aimed at the Delhi Government but against an alleged corrupt officer who had misused his official position. CBI's prosecutor had also said the documents seized during the raid were relevant for the ongoing probe by the agency and had alleged that the accused in the case was a senior officer who was possessing the documents seized by it, and in all likelihood, he could have tampered with them.