Nation Current Affairs 18 Jan 2016 Man dies after mista ...

Man dies after mistaking pesticide for liquor in Madhya Pradesh

PTI
Published Jan 18, 2016, 6:11 pm IST
Updated Jan 18, 2016, 6:17 pm IST
The man was in an intoxicated state when he gulped the pesticide thinking it was liquor.
Jaikar has been living alone and drinking heavily after his wife left him a month ago.
 Jaikar has been living alone and drinking heavily after his wife left him a month ago.

Burhanpur : A 36-year-old man, who had started drinking heavily after his wife moved out of the house, died when he allegedly consumed pesticide in an inebriated condition mistaking it for liquor.

The incident took place at Fofnarkhurd village near here last night.

 

Relatives of Dilip Jaikar, who consumed pesticide kept in a bottle in his home, rushed him to district hospital where doctors pronounced him brought dead, Shahpur Police Station Sub-Inspector (SI) Devishanker Singh Bisen said.

Jaikar was in an intoxicated state when he gulped the pesticide thinking it was liquor, he said.

Jaikar's wife left him a month ago and started living with her parents at Jalgaon in neighbouring Maharashtra following a marital discord. Since then, Jaikar had been living in dejection and drinking heavily, he added.

The body was handed over to his family members after post-mortem, Bisen said, adding a probe was on.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT