As we move into 2020, the issue of overworked teachers continues to loom large, and answers are proving to be elusive as ever. What may come as a surprise is that teachers have always worked hard; in fact, the median working week has not changed significantly over the last twenty years. With the introduction of EdTech in schools and automating admin can reduce teachers’ workload by and significantly improve teachers’ day-to-day experience. Let’s take a look at some of the leading platforms, which are truly making a difference in reducing the teacher workload.
1. Launched in 2015, Byju's - The Learning App, is a learning app for students across age groups with programmes in English and Hindi that make learning and understanding concepts easier not only for school kids but also saves the time and effort of the teachers. The subject focus of the platform is math and science, and the concepts are explained using 12-20 minute digital animated videos, helping the teachers to express themselves in a better way and at the same time also reduces their workload.
2. TeachNext@Home, the award-winning multimedia content, integrated with world-class tools, lesson plans and assessments, helps students clarify doubts, revise concepts, develop their analytical skills and customise their learning needs at home, ensuring the best possible learning outcomes for students. The quality of the content has been validated through a testing tool, the Learning Objective Evaluation (LOBE) Instrument, developed at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Meant to enhance the home-learning experience, it helps 21st-century learners to be the architects of their own knowledge anytime, anywhere; helping to reduce teacher workload.
3. With mass adoption of technology Shemford Group of Futuristic Schools, India's most innovative school chain has also taken several steps to reduce teacher workload. With technology based classroom solutions and standardising the base level of education along with ensuring all students have access to high level of high quality education with the help of AI enabled classrooms, Shemford Group of schools have taken a major to solve specific problems that teachers and schools actually deal with day to day.
4. Brainly is designed to help students boost their inquisitiveness with a continuous flow of questions and radical solutions. The startup not just focuses on cracking puzzling questions but also on sharing ideas, deepening insights, and exploring knowledge.Founded in 2009, Brainly is the modern education company uniting students and experts in a fun, interactive world that celebrates understanding. Being the shortcut-free solution for fast-tracked learning it also reduces the workload for teachers. With over 150 million monthly users hailing from more than 35 countries accessing the platform, Brainly is the world’s most trusted, teacher-approved online learning resource.
5. Shiksha knowledge solutions, A highly experienced Lucknow based K-12 solution provider proffering turnkey solutions, has introduced diverse technologies like school management app, principal desk and a digital platform that caters to all stakeholders of the school along with full cycle services, starting from product conceptualization to implementation and support to the teachers and help them resolving as many workload bottlenecks as possible.
All these platforms are effectively eliminating unnecessary workload of teachers by streamlining data management. Research shows, that in school, the teacher is the most important factor on student achievement. It is critical therefore that they should only use technology if it frees and supports them to teach as well as they can.