Constable Sharif dismissed from service over double murder in suryapet. (Image By Arrangement)

Suryapet: Police constable Mohammad Sharif, the main accused in the double murder of a married couple in Mothey mandal of Suryapet district, has been dismissed from service, Suryapet District SP K Narasimha said.

He said orders had been issued dismissing Sharif from service following departmental proceedings. He also said provisions of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act had been invoked in the case.

A DSP has been appointed as the investigating officer, while police are taking steps to transfer the case to a fast-track court for a speedy trial and stringent punishment.

Suryapet Couple Murder Case:

The couple had allegedly borrowed Rs.3 lakh from Shareef. When he sought repayment, they allegedly threatened to lodge a complaint against him under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.

The couple - Halavath Nagulu and Halavath Buba - had allegedly borrowed Rs.3 lakh from Shareef. When he sought repayment, they allegedly threatened to lodge a complaint against him under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, the SP said.

According to the police, Shareef subsequently planned to kill the couple and sought Surender's help. On Thursday evening, Surender took Buba on a moped to an agricultural field near the underbridge on the outskirts of Penpahad on the pretext of digging. The police said Surender and Shareef attacked Buba and buried him in a pit that had already been dug. Nagulu was later brought to the same place and killed, following which the bodies were buried in the agricultural field. Police examined CCTV footage from several locations and found Surender taking Buba towards the underbridge on a moped. Surender was subsequently arrested and allegedly disclosed Shareef's involvement in the killings.

Tags: