(Representational image: Dc)

The search for fishermen missing at sea is continuing without any break, with the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) deploying five vessels, two Dornier aircraft, and a helicopter, thereby covering an extensive area of the sea, AP minister Kinjarapu Atchannaidu said on Friday.

The minister said information about the missing boat has been shared with Coast Guard authorities of Myanmar, Port Blair, and Bangladesh. The Indian Navy has also been alerted.

Though the boat has not been traced so far, Coast Guard officials have assured the AP government that their extensive operations would continue. Atchannaidu said the state government is maintaining continuous coordination with the Coast Guard and Indian Navy to ensure that the fishermen are traced and brought back safely.

The minister appealed to the fishermen’s families not to lose hope. He assured them that every possible avenue is being explored and the search will continue until the missing boat is located. “The search will not stop until the fishermen are brought back safely,” he underlined.

Tags: