AP Govt To Conduct DSC Recruitment Every Year: Nara Lokesh In Assembly

Speaking during the Monsoon Session of the AP Assembly Lokesh said the AP government considers teacher recruitment a responsibility and had conducted the Mega DSC for 16,347 posts.

Update: 2026-08-17 07:24 GMT
Education Minister Nara Lokesh addressing the Monsoon Session of the AP Assembly | Screengrab from I & PR YT Video

Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Education Minister Nara Lokesh announced in the Assembly on Monday that the state government will conduct the District Selection Committee (DSC) teacher recruitment exercise every year.

Speaking during the Monsoon Session of the AP Assembly, Lokesh said the coalition government considers teacher recruitment a responsibility and had conducted the Mega DSC for 16,347 posts. As many as 3,36,300 candidates applied for the recruitment drive, and the entire process was completed within 148 days.
The minister said teacher recruitment was essential for strengthening government schools and stressed that the recruitment process should remain transparent. He added that the Telugu Desam government had recruited around 1.80 lakh teachers during its various tenures. Lokesh also highlighted the introduction of 33 per cent reservation for women in DSC recruitment.
Giving details about the latest recruitment exercise, Lokesh said around 42,000 questions across 13 subjects were prepared for the DSC examination. The examination was conducted through the TCS iON platform, while certificate verification was carried out at the district level.
The government followed vertical and horizontal reservation norms during recruitment, while the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) was made mandatory as part of teacher qualification requirements.
Lokesh said grievances received at different stages of the recruitment process were addressed and appointment orders had been issued to selected candidates. He also said the number of disciplines covered under the sports quota was increased from 29 to 65, in accordance with Central government guidelines.
Criticising the previous YSRC government, Lokesh alleged that no teacher recruitment was undertaken between 2019 and 2024 and claimed that around 12 lakh students moved from government to private schools during that period.
Tags:    

Similar News