Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Home » Nation » Politics » September 10, 2023

Peddireddy says wealth of evidence to indict Babu


Published on: September 10, 2023 | Updated on: September 10, 2023

Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy (Photo: DC File)

Anantapur: Minister Peddireddy Ramachandra Reddy underlined that the AP CID has arrested TD chief N. Chandrababu with after gathering a wealth of evidence against the former CM.

He pointed out that Siemens had offered to fund 90 per cent of the funds required for skilling youth in AP, provided the government funded the remaining 10 per cent, amounting to 371 crore.

"Why will a company part with a large sum of 3,000 crore on government's behalf without a valid reason," Peddireddy asked, pointing out that central government agencies and Enforcement Directorate have already made arrests in the skill development corporation scam.

The minister contended that Siemens had not spent a single rupee. Instead, it took the government's allocated 371 crore under the 10 percent obligation. He underlined that funds had been funnelled through shell companies, ultimately benefiting Chandrababu Naidu and his party.

Peddireddy maintained that the entire skill development affair had been a conspiracy to embezzle government funds.