Bus from Araku valley bus catches fire, all safe

Deccan Chronicle.  | dc correspondent

Nation, In Other News

The incident took place when the mini-bus was passing through the second hairpin bend on the ghat road near Kasipatnam village close to Ananathagiri Hill Resort. (Representational image)

Vishakapatnam: Passengers had a miraculous escape when the mini-bus they were travelling in caught fire while on way back to Vishakapatnam from Araku Valley on Sunday evening. There were no injuries reported from the incident.

Reports said all the 24 passengers jumped out when the fire engulfed the mini-bus. The incident took place when the mini-bus was passing through the second hairpin bend on the ghat road near Kasipatnam village close to Ananathagiri Hill Resort. However the luggage was reduced to ashes. All of them belong to Chilluru village of Vizianagaram district.

The driver told police that a short-circuit might have caused the fire. Passengers were stranded for some time and later an alternative vehicle was arranged for them.

Read more...