Gas Leak Fire Injures Four Family Members in Visakhapatnam
VISHAKHAPATNAM: Four members of a family sustained burn injuries after gas leaked from a cooking cylinder and went up in flames in their house in Vambay Colony in Madhurawada area under PM Palem Police station in Visakhapatnam on Friday morning. The injured were rushed to King George Hospital.
The police identified the victims as Y. Balaraju, his wife Chinni, and children Giri and Karthik. Except for Chinni, all were under Ayyappa Deeksha.
In the early hours, Balaraju changed the gas cylinder but could not fix the regulator properly. As a result, the gas leaked and filled the entire house.
When Balaraju and his two sons tried to light the lamp for puja, the entire house went up in flames. They ran out of the house raising an alarm.
The neighbours called 108 and informed the police. The fire tenders rushed to the spot and put out the fire. All the household articles were reduced to ashes.