Hyderabad teen suffers serious burns a day before his birthday
Hyderabad: In a tragic incident, a day ahead of his birthday, 16-year-old class IX student, Mohammed Ryan, suffered 55 per cent burns when he came into contact with a high-tension cable while removing an entangled kite in the electrical locomotive shed at Lalaguda around 6 pm on Friday.
He was flying kites along with his friends near the shed and went to fetch a kite that had got cut when the accident occurred. His mother has not been informed of the accident.
According to police and family members, Ryan’s friends who were following him heard a loud noise from the pole and saw Ryan's clothes on fire.
"They rushed to my house and informed me that Ryan had been electrocuted. I ran to the scene,” said Mohammed Ilyas, the victim’s brother-in-law. The teen was rushed to a hospital.
“The doctors said he should not be given drinking water in view of the injuries,” Ilyas said. “Today's is Ryan's birthday. He will be completing 16. How can I tell this bad news to his mother?”
Ryan, along with five elder brothers and five elder sisters and mother stays in north Lalaguda. His father Mohammed Vazir, a fruit merchant, died three months back.
C. Srinivas, inspector of government railway protection (GRP) Secunderabad, said that Ryan was battling for life in Gandhi hospital.