Hyderabad: Youngster Dies of Electrocution at Ganesh chaturthi Pandal
DECCAN CHRONICLE | Pinto Deepak
Hyderabad: Ganesh Chaturthi ended on a tragic note as a 26-year-old youngster identified as Vemulla Hanuma died of electrocution while erecting an iron frame at a pandal at BS Maktha under Panjagutta PS in the city on Sunday midnight. Another person, Dasari Balaji, 21, received severe burns and is undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
According to police, the Sri Siddi Vinayaka Youth Association at BS Maktha has set up a Ganesh pandal in their locality. As a part of decoration at the pandal, Hanuma and Balaji erected an iron frame wrapped with a cloth.
As they were tying the frame to the pandal, a part of it accidentally touched the cables connecting the electrical transformer a few feet from it. As a result, both of them got electrocuted and received burns.
The duo was immediately rushed to a nearby private hospital, where Hanuma died undergoing treatment. On a complaint from Hanuma’s brother Gopi, Panjagutta police registered a case and started an investigation.