1. Do you have any hidden talents?
A. I can make dogs like me. The talent is limited to dogs though.
2. Is there any one joke that never fails to make your audience laugh?
A. Yeah sure, reading it wouldn’t be so thrilling though. It is what we call an ‘act out’.
3. Stand up comedy can be nerve wracking. Do you have a pre-show ritual that calms your nerves?
A. My palms sweat when I’m nervous, I keep washing my hands a few million times before a show. I can be blamed for half of Bengaluru's water problem.
4. If you could describe yourself with a colour, which one would it be and why?
A. Black — you can’t see the stains, but are there any? There probably isn’t but you’ll never know.
5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
A. Sarabhai V/s Sarabhai. I have the whole series. I cannot get enough of the “Oh Monisha, so middle class’’
6. One song that never fails to lift your mood?
A. Soak up the Sun -— Sheryl Crow
7. Is there one book that you recommend everyone should read?
A. Sounds unlikely, but The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. Nothing has moved me quite like that one. Such a warm fuzzy feeling after reading it!
8. Are you a lover of the Rain or the Sun?
A. Rain! You can cover up. Sun doesn’t give you the liberty to stay undressed.
9. If there is one thing that budding comedians should remember, what is it?
A. I am a budding comedienne! The one thing budding comedians should remember is that they are budding! It takes time, you can’t go from bud to a full bloomed comedian in a hurry. It takes love for the art and the ability to never give up on your thoughts till it reaches its funniest potential.
10. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you while you were performing on stage.
A. This boy I had a tiny crush on walked in during the middle of the show, I was pretty excited to see him see me perform but that didn’t last long, he sat with a girl in the audience who said she was waiting for her boyfriend! It is what I call my Ayyo Raama moment!