Shocking Move: Telugu Film Chamber Withdraws Letter?

“The letter was issued and withdrawn due to a few differences but everything will be sorted today,” he said.

Update: 2026-05-20 06:33 GMT

A dramatic turn of events unfolded in the Telugu film industry over the last two days, especially on Tuesday night, after the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce reportedly withdrew its earlier communication and urged the media to wait for an official confirmation.

“It was a shocking development and the letter was withdrawn late in the night,” said a source.

Earlier in the day, the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce, headed by Suresh Babu, had issued a letter announcing that all hurdles surrounding the release of Ram Charan’s Peddi had been resolved amid the ongoing tussle between producers and exhibitors in Telangana.

A meeting of the newly formed 18-member sub-committee was held on Tuesday, during which several key decisions were reportedly taken. As per the agreement, theatres would receive 7.5% of the revenue in cases where ticket prices are increased in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.

For premiere shows, makers were expected to pay a fixed amount of Rs. 25,000 for A centres, Rs. 15,000 for B centres and Rs. 10,000 for C centres. In cases where there is no ticket price hike, distributors and exhibitors would mutually discuss and finalise the terms. Preferential treatment was also proposed for films that are already 70% complete.

However, late in the night, a leading exhibitor told Deccan Chronicle that the letter had been issued and later withdrawn due to certain differences.

“The letter was issued and withdrawn due to a few differences but everything will be sorted today,” he said.

Tags:    

Similar News