Mumbai: Actor John Abraham says he has no clue about what has happened to director Sanjay Gupta’s project ‘Mumbai Saga’, which was rumoured to have the star playing the lead.
Gupta, who had directed John in the hit 2013 crime drama ‘Shootout at Wadala’, had announced making a film titled ‘Mumbai Saga’. The film’s plot set in the 80’s and 90’s, would touch upon the nexus between mill owners, the underworld, and Mumbai police.
“I have no news on it. I have not heard from Sanjay Gupta (about the film),” John told PTI.
“After that (‘Shootout at Wadala’) he did ‘Jazbaa’. Sanjay and I are not in touch with each other. I love him and would like to work with him. But we are not in touch at all so I have no idea about ‘Mumbai Saga’ or what he plans to do.”
Gupta had earlier said he would retain most of the cast of ‘Shootout at Wadala’, that included John, Sonu Sood, Anil Kapoor, Manoj Bajpayee and Tusshar Kapoor for the film.
John, 43, also spoke about working on one of his dream projects – ‘1911’, a film which revolves around football, a sport the ‘Force’ actor is passionate about. John said the film is not shelved and he is still working on the core idea with director Shoojit Sircar.
“Shoojit and I have still not able to crack on a proper idea. It is not shelved. There is an X factor that you look for in a film we are yet to get that,” he said.
“We are still banging our heads on it. We want to work together as we get along well. But we haven’t finalised what we want to do next together.”
‘1911’ follows the story of footballer Sibdas Bhaduri, who captained football team Mohun Bagan in the historic 1911 IFA Shield Final, where it defeated the East Yorkshire Regiment with a score of 2-1 to become the first Asian team to win the competition.
John will be seen in the upcoming film ‘Rocky Handsome’, that is set to release on March 25. the actor is also working on two other action films ‘Dishoom’, ‘Force 2’ and a comedy ‘Hera Pheri 3’.