Mumbai: In keeping with its transformation journey, Tata Motors announced its new Impact Design language for its upcoming passenger vehicles. The recently unveiled Zica is the first new product under this design language.
According to Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, “Today, the automakers are developing innovative technologies to cater to the needs of the new generation of customers. Design is among the key factors for car purchase decisions. Tata Motors recognizes this and presents IMPACT Design – as a key focus for the company’s passenger vehicle strategy. The new, youthful, energetic and bold character of the passenger vehicles by Tata Motors is sure to make a lasting impact on our customers and on the Indian roads.”
It is after keeping the media-saturated customer in mind that a new design language had to be created. Something that could break the clutter and re-invent the wheel every time it was applied. And thus, the IMPACT design philosophy was created.
IMPACT Design further distills the design elements that can be expected from all Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles. It will be achieved through key design elements on the Exterior and Interior.
The Exteriors design features:
- The architecture and proportions will be standard e.g. the segment size & location of the wheels, well-proportioned cabin to body ratio and hood to cabin relationship
- Surfaces and graphics e.g. front-face framed by the Humanity Line; dynamism amplified by the Slingshot line; movement created by the Diamond Window
- Extraordinary: Details inspired by Indian Architecture
The Interior of the vehicle features:
- Interior architecture and proportions including Layered Cockpit Design; Driver Focussed layout; Outstanding Textures, Fabrics and Materials
- Intelligent Cabin Layout with clever storage spaces, surprise and delight features. All displays, commands and controls will be within easy and intuitive reach