Bengaluru: 2 college students die in accidents

In first incident cop have arrested the water tanker driver and seized the vehicle.
Bengaluru: In separate incidents, two college students died on the spot in Kumaraswamy and Peenya traffic police station limits on Thursday. In the first incident, the accident took place around 4 pm when Nayan Naidu, a student of Surana College and a resident of Bangarpet, was going home in his bike after college. According to the police, the accident was reported in J.P. Nagar 7th phase RBI Layout.
Preliminary investigations reveal that in a bid to overtake a water tanker Nayan swerved towards the left. However he was unaware of a car coming in the opposite direction and a speed beaker ahead. Nayan applied sudden brakes to avoid collision with the car, due to which he lost control over the vehicle and fell. He got run over by a water tanker.
Passersby rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police have arrested the water tanker driver and seized the vehicle.
In another incident, an 18-year-old girl died while her mother sustained serious injuries when a speeding mini bus knocked them down in Peenya on Thursday.
The deceased has been identified as Priyadarshini, a PU student residing in Lavakusha Nagar. Her mother Shanthamma sustained multiple fractures and was hospitalised. Shanthamma and her daughter were returning from a nearby temple when a speeding mini bus knocked them down. Prayadarshini got crushed under the wheels. Shanthamma sustained injuries.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.