Singh was king, was 4th in ICET

Sardar Balvinder Singh was a star student and a friendly individual.

Karimnagar: Balvinder Singh, who died after being shot by a police inspector in self-defence on Tuesday morning, was a star student and a friendly individual. He had secured 4th rank in ICET and had studied in NIT Warangal from where he earned his post-graduate degree in MCA in 2010-13.

“He was one of the top students of the school,” said Mr B. Laxman Rao, correspondent of Gowthami Model School, who visited the district headquarters hospital where Singh’s body was kept.

Singh had studied at Gowthami Model School and had done his Intermediate from Trinity Junior College before graduating from Sri Chaitanya Degree College in the city.

He had later appeared for the ICET to pursue Masters of Computer Applications (MCA). He secured fourth rank in the state and joined National Institute of Technology, Warangal in 2010. He was shortlisted by Oracle during the campus placement drive following his post-graduation.

The deceased’s relative, Mr Ranveer Singh, said that though he was drawing a salary of Rs 18 lakh per annum from his company, he wanted to crack the Civil Services, but could not qualify in the preliminary examination. “He was a cool, friendly and helpful guy,” said a friend who didn’t wanted to be named.