5 students run away to teach headmaster a lesson

Govt Railway Police picks them up from North Paravur
Thiruvananthapuram: Five Class- VIII students of Kamaleswaram high school in the city, who ran away to teach the headmaster a lesson for punishing them, were caught by the Government Railway Police (GRP) from Paravur, Ernakulam, early on Friday and handed over to the parents later.
According to the students, they fled the city as the headmaster had ordered them to bring their parents to the school for alleged misbehaviour.
High drama prevailed at Kamaleswaram junction on Thursday night as hundreds of people anxiously waited outside the school for the missing children.
The Poonthura police, who launched a manhunt for the students, found that the children had visited Putharikandom grounds and two malls in the city before boarding a train from the central railway station. One of them had a mobile phone and they were tracked to Paravur with the help of the cyber cell.
The boys had allegedly bullied a class- 7 boy of the same school. The HM punished them by making them write the examination outside the exam hall and asked them to bring the parents to the school on Friday.
The students fled the city hoping that their parents and relatives will retaliate against the headmaster for their vanishing act. Earlier this week, a group of five students from Vallakadavu had run away to Goa.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.