Olympic medalist Gagan Narang launches shooting academy in Hyderabad

The academy will soon conduct a talent search program for youngsters aged between 11 and 15 in the twin cities.

Hyderabad: Shooting star and Olympic medalist Gagan Narang’s Gun for Glory and Sports Authority of Telangana have joined hands in setting up a new shooting academy to identify and develop budding shooters from the state.

Minister of Sports, Government of Telangana T. Padma Rao inaugurated the Sports Authority of Telangana State Gun for Glory (SATSGFG) academy on Thursday.

Speaking of the tie-up, T. Padma Rao said, “I will extend my complete support to the venture and we all should work together to find the next Gagan Narang who will bring glory to the state as well as to the country.”

The academy will soon conduct a talent search program for youngsters aged between 11 and 15 in the twin cities. This will cover approximately 3,000 to 5,000 students from various schools.

The students will undergo tests from stage one to stage three of the program. The tests will be based on shooting based skills like reaction time, balance and kinesthetic awareness, and physiological and stress endurance levels. These tests will be conducted at the respective school premises.

From Stage Four, the students have to attend a seven-day program at the SATSGFG academy located on the University of Hyderabad campus in Gachibowli, where they will be introduced to a unique curriculum based shooting courses. Interested schools can register their students on the academy website www.satsgfg.in.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.