Schools should fortify kids for any challenge: Amish Tripathi

Tripathi urged the student community to pursue their dreams with zest to achieve big

Ooty: Writer and author of Shiva Trilogy book series Amish Tripathi has appealed to academicians at the Indian Public Schools’ Conference (IPSC) to look for ways on how to find and develop the latent talent in students to help them find careers.

Delivering the chief guest’s address at the 76th IPSC Principals’ Conclave held at Lawrence School at Lovedale, Tripathi stressed that school education should prepare students to imbibe important traits of mental and physical toughness to face any situation and to find solutions.

Importance must also be given to help students develop life skills, competitiveness, make friends, better negotiating and managing skills and handling situations.

“The current education system in the country is factory-oriented and syllabus and text book-oriented. Perhaps, this may have been good for the kind of career opportunities available in the country about three decades ago,” he said.

In today’s changing world there is multiplicity of career opportunities. So the education system should be fashioned in such a way as to find and develop latent talents in students to help them develop their special and unique skills and prosper and find good career opportunities, he said.

He urged the student community to pursue their dreams with zest to achieve big. He also emphasised that reading books and library culture would make one more knowledgeable and that knowledge would make them powerful in their fields of interest and career.

Sangita Chima, headmistress of Lawrence School, said she hoped the IPSC conclave would help participants to exchange ideas and suggestions to bring about improvement in learning and education system in the schools that come under IPSC.

Narrating the history and genesis of IPSC, its chairman Dr Sumer Singh said it is important to uphold the traditions and values of the IPSC to march ahead always with pride.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.