WICB to back suspended Sunil Narine

PTI | DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published Dec 2, 2015, 1:46 am IST
Updated Mar 26, 2019, 9:42 pm IST
Director of Cricket Richard Pybus said on Monday the board would fully back Narine during the Trinidadian's rehabilitation. (Photo: AFP/File)
 Director of Cricket Richard Pybus said on Monday the board would fully back Narine during the Trinidadian's rehabilitation. (Photo: AFP/File)

St John's: The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will back its beleaguered off-spinner Sunil Narine, who was banned from bowling in international cricket because of an illegal action.

Director of Cricket Richard Pybus said on Monday the board would fully back Narine during the Trinidadian's rehabilitation. "It will be a blow to Sunil to have failed the ICC biomechanics assessment of his action and be suspended from bowling," Pybus was quoted as saying by West Indian media.

"We will be offering our support to Sunil as he does the remedial work on his bowling action. I know the time and effort he has put in to do this work previously and I am sure this will just deepen his resolve to come back a better bowler," he added.

Narine was reported following the third One-day International (ODI) of the Sri Lanka tour earlier this month and subsequently underwent testing on his action at the Loughborough University, England.

According to ICC, the test results showed that "all variations of his deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the regulations."

Narine was suspended from bowling in international cricket with "immediate effect" but will be allowed to continue playing in the WICB domestic tournaments.

 

 

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.

...




ADVERTISEMENT

More From Cricket

-->