No stipend for seven post graduate students

Students have approached the health secretary to sort out issues but nothing has been done

Hyderabad: Seven post-graduate students have not got their stipend since July 2014, as there were only six seats and seven of them were given admission by the Kakatiya Medical College.

As the extra seat was not accounted for by the financial department, there is no budget to pay the post-graduate student. Every month, post graduate (PG) students get a stipend of Rs 23,800. The students were admitted in July 2015 last.

A senior health officer said, “The appointment was confirmed by the director of health and medical education and the file was sent for approval to the health secretary. The file has now been sent to the finance department but no one is taking any action.”

Due to the extra student, the payment of all six in pathology and ENT has been stopped. The students have approaching the health secretary to sort out the issue but nothing has been done.

Dr G. Srinivas, president of the Junior Doctors Association, said, “We too have approached the health secretary and asked him to expedite the matter as post-graduate students can’t meet their expenses of studies and projects.”

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.