Cool trends for this season

Student fashion bloggers and enthusiasts give pointers on what’s in this winter

Winter’s here and woolens are coming out of the wardrobe. And here are a few tips for students from students on how to look trendy. Rishan Skhem Shabong, a student at NIFT and a fashion blogger, is pretty excited for the autumn/winter lookbook. And he breaks down the look for a guy. Keeping in mind that Hyderabad’s weather is not that cold, Rishan says, “Layering is my favourite. A collared shirt with a bomber jacket would look great. Instead of just dark colours for winter, I would say one can opt for colours like royal blue and electric blue. For a casual college look, one can wear a solid coloured t-shirt and a denim shirt on it. As far as shoes are concerned, white sneakers, are a favourite of this season.”

And while Rishan nails the look for a guy, his batchmate Adu Bowman, a third-year fashion communication student talks about how a girl can have the perfect look. “One can wear a high-neck top with high-waist pants. You can even wear a muffler with a simple t-shirt and jeans. I would suggest a parka jacket for girls. One can even just throw on a denim shirt over t-shirts for a great look,” she says, adding, “Opt for a scarf, as a statement piece. Wear it around your neck or style it around your wrist just to give a pop of colour.”

Like Adu, Meenakshi Pamnani, a fashion blogger loves the scarf look. “Put it around your neck and then just tuck in the rest of the scarf for a chic look,” she says.

During winters, it’s essential to look after your skin and hair, and Meenakshi says, “Moisturise throughout the day. Go for regular hair oil massages and then tie your hair up in a towel that has been soaked in hot water. Also, remember to carry lip balm. My two current favourite lip colours are berry lips and the burnt orange shade,” she says.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.