Air hostess school chief held for fraud

A team of police would visit Hyderabad to investigate the matter further: DCP, Bhubaneswar

Bhubneshwar: The Bhubaneswar police on Thursday arrested the director of Air Hostess and Hospitality Academy (AHHA) Dillip Routray on the charge of taking admission of students in his institute without necessary affiliations.

Further, the policemen are also investigating the sexual harassment charges wherein the girl students claimed that they were sent by Routray to a Hyderabad-based hotel for job, where they were being sexually exploited.

Earlier on Thursday, the local Kharavela Nagar police had called the director and the students of AHHA for questioning at 10 am and during grilling discovered that the institute doesn’t have necessary affiliations to offer the courses.

Dillip Routray was subsequently arrested on charges of fraud. Bhubaneswar deputy commissioner of police Satyabrata Bhoi said a team of police would visit Hyderabad to investigate the matter further, if required.

Notably, the students of Air Hostess and Hospitality Academy near Ram Mandir square of Odisha capital had on Wednesday gone on a rampage in the institute alleging that the institute is not providing jobs as committed, withholding their certificates and girl students are being sexually harassed.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.