With winter setting in, one might tend to overeat and the cold air dries out the skin. Here are some tips to stay fit and also get glowing skin.
1. Don’t step out on an empty stomach – You can have an apple or a small serving of healthy food so you don’t feel hungry. Think yogurt, cottage cheese and homemade trail mix (raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, raisins, dark choc chips etc).
2. Follow the CTM rule – Cleaning, toning, moisturising. Oil protects skin and retains more moisture than a cream. A good body scrub and facial exfoliant can help remove dead skin cells. Add drops of any essential bath oil to your bath for nourishing your skin.
3. Don’t forego what you love – Eat what you truly enjoy in small quantities. Don’t force yourself to eat anything you dislike. Whatever you’re eating, stop as soon as you stop loving it.
4. Always seize opportunities to move – Forget formal exercise routines if they don’t work for you, and move. Even a simple 10-minute walk in the morning or in the middle of the day in your stilettos counts. Instead of coming up with excuses, turn them into strategies that work for you.
5. Try these home made packs: Tomato mask (for oily skin) – Mash up a ripe tomato and leave it on your face for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Banana mask (for dry skin) – Mash up a ripe banana, add some honey and apply on the face and neck. Keep it on for 15 minutes and rinse.
One can also use a honey mask for all skin types. Apply pure honey on your face and neck. Leave it on till dry or for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
— The author is a cosmetologist.
Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world....