Suresh Babu supports small film Thanu Nenu

He adds that he got the story from a student from the Ramanaidu Film School

Ram Mohan, who has produced small films like Ashta Chemma, Golconda High School and Uyyala Jumpala, has turned director with Thanu Nenu, which will release on November 27.

He is introducing Santosh Sobhan, son of late director Sobhan, as the lead actor of the film. Avika Gor is the female lead. “I entered the industry in 1996. Suresh Babu is my good friend and I am releasing the film with his help,” says Ram.

He adds that he got the story from a student from the Ramanaidu Film School. “A student named Sayesh narrated the subject to me and I asked him to direct it. But he refused and gave the story to me and I decided to direct it. It’s a cute urban love story like my earlier films,” he says.

Meanwhile, speaking about the film, Suresh Babu gave a fitting reply to those who say that the industry was in the hands of a few families.

“Actors Nani and Raj Tharun became heroes based on their talent. Ram Mohan introduced them. No one is controlling anyone. So please stop talking about these things and concentrate on your work,” he said, adding that he was releasing the film because he was confident about the subject.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.