Hyderabad: Lack of regard for environmental laws by pharmaceutical companies in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is evident yet again. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) recently revealed the list of companies which have not responded to directions issued by the CPCB regarding installation of continuous online pollution monitoring devices.
The directions were issued to companies that come under 17 categories of highly polluting industries, of which pharmaceutical industry is one. There are 143 pharmaceutical companies from across the country in the list, of which the maximum, 59, are from Telangana — 45 of these are located around Hyderabad in Medak district, mostly in Patancheru and Jinnaram mandals. Thirteen pharma companies from Andhra Pradesh also failed to respond, of which six are located in Vizag.
There are 1,332 companies in the list released by CPCB of which 934 did not respond, while the directives were returned undelivered from 398 companies. At 117, Telangana has the second largest number of companies in the list.
Responses were not received from 75 of these companies and it was undelivered to the remaining. There are 17 companies from Andhra Pradesh in the list among which three did not respond. The CPCB notice has stated that if these defaulting companies fail to respond in a week’s time from the date they received the notice, their plants will be shut down.
The biggest defaulters from Telangana after pharma companies are the cement plants — 12 of them did not respond to CPCB’s directives — followed by seven sugar mills, six tanneries and one each in iron and steel company.
The CPCB has been issuing orders to the state PCBs and to the companies regarding continuous online monitoring of pollution. Earlier, the CPCB had set March 31 as the last date for installing the monitoring devices, which was later extended to June 30.
List of pharma companies from Telangana who did not respond to CPCB’s directions
1. Innogent Laboratories Pvt. Ltd
2. Gennex Pharmaceuticals Ltd
3. Sreekara Organics
4. Hexagon Drugs Laboratories
5. Tekbond Laboratories Pvt Ltd
6. Sudershan Drugs & Intermediate Ltd
7. Jupiter Bio Sciences Pvt Ltd
8. Maithri Laboratories
9. Yag Mag Labs Pvt Ltd
10. South Whale Chemicals
11. Eshwar Pharmaceuticals
12. KRR Drugs & Intermediates Pvt Ltd
13. Vayajayanthi Drugs Pvt Ltd
14. Sri Gayathri Drugs Pvt Ltd
15. Auctus Pharmaceuticals Ltd
16. RMS Research Labs
17. Vivimed Labs
18. Fleming Laboratories Pvt Ltd
19. Arene Life Sciences Ltd
20. Chromo Laboratories India Pvt
21. Hitesh Chemicals Pvt
22. Everest Organics Ltd
23. SV's Remedies
24. S.S. Oraganic Ltd
25. Sritha Chems Pvt
26. Auctus Pharma
27. Anu’s Laboratories Limited
28 Srinivasa Organics
29. SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd
30. Artemis Biotech Ltd
31. Dymes Pharmachem Ltd
32. SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd
33. Vivin Laboratories (P) Ltd
34. Medchal Chemicals& Pharmaceuticals Ltd
35. Perkin Laboratories
36. Divi’s Laboratories (P) Ltd
37. Chandak Laboratories Ltd
38. Chiral Biosciences Ltd
39. Sree Jaya Laboratories
40. Inter Labs (P) Ltd
41. Plasma Labs (P) Ltd
42. Pravah Laboratories (P) Ltd
43. Sanorg Laboratories (P) Ltd
44. Sammi Bio Organics
45. Anica Labs (P) Ltd
46. Salus Laboratories (P) Ltd
47. Discovery Intermediates (P) Ltd
48. Yegna Manojavam Drugs & Chemicals Ltd
49. Viwyn Pharma Pvt Ltd
50. Ortin Laboratories Ltd
51. Sri Supraja Pharma (P) Ltd
52. Optimus Drugs (P) Ltd
53. Archimedies Laboratories Ltd
54. M/s. Aster Industries
55. M/s. Hermes Chemicals company (P) Ltd
56. M/s. SR Laboratories
57. M/s. SVR Laboratories (P) Ltd
58. M/s. Fugen Laboratories (P) Ltd
59. M/s. VC Laboratories (P) Ltd.
From Andhra Pradesh
1. Auctus Pharma Private Limited
2. Anu’s Laboratories Limited
3. Sionc Pharmaceuticals Private Limited,
4. Sri Vyjayanthi Labs Pvt. Ltd
5. Synthrix Pharma Labs India Pvt. Ltd
6. A.R.Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
7. Siflon drugs
8. Tyche Industries Ltd
9. Kostal Pharma Ltd
10. Andhra Medi Pharma India (P) Ltd
11. Nutra Specialties Pvt.
12. Tini Pharma Ltd.
Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world....