Telangana: Professor in trouble over remarks

Some students from the Osmania University are planning to lodge a police complaint against professor S.N. Balagangadhara
Hyderabad: A section of English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) students are disgruntled over comments made by a Philosophy professor from the Ghent University in Belgium.
Prof S.N. Balagangadhara spoke at some sessions during a conference held recently in the university titled “Enigma of Law”.
Those present at the sessions have alleged that the professor passed insulting remarks about Dr B.R. Ambedkar and also against professors belonging to reserved categories.
As per one of the members, the professor referred to Dr Ambedkar as an “eccentric fool”, indirectly an “idiot” and also said that those teaching in universities in India and had caste certificates were not intellectuals but “incompetent”.
The professor argued that India never had any caste system and it was made up by those who wrote history. Also, the term “bullshit” was used to refer Dalit literature. Those present at the session also complained that the professor was rude in replying to questions raised by the audience.
Some students from the OU are planning to lodge a police complaint against the professor. Some professors from EFLU countered the comments made by Prof. Balagangadhara and also asked him to refrain from using abusive language.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.