21-year-old Amity student, native of Andhra Pradesh, shot dead in Noida

Police said the assailants were known to the victim

Noida: A 21-year-old student of a private university was allegedly shot dead by another student, even as the body of a class 12th student was found here, in separate incidents.

Ramaraju Sandesh, a 1st year Marine Science student from Amity University was allegedly shot dead by another student at the Lotus Bouleward Apartment of Sector 100 on Saturday, Zahir Khan, SHO of sector 39 police station said.

Sandesh, a native of Andhra Pradesh was shot at on the 13th floor of his rented apartment, he said, adding the assailants were known to the victim.

The victim's flatmate, Mathur alleged that there was a knock at the door following which Sandesh opened the door and was shot by two armed assailants, police said.

Sandesh was staying in a rented flat with two other friends Nadeem and Mathur, Khan said, adding that he was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead by the doctors.

Another flatmate, Nadeem told the police that he heard the victim screaming and saying "Aman do not kill me".

The body has been sent for post mortem, Khan said. In another incident, a 16-year-old student of Amity International School was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Green Belt near Gate number 3 of the school, Girendra Pal Singh SHO sector 49 said.

The victim has been identified as Bhaskar Vashishth, a student of class 12, he said, adding that the case appears to be one of suicide as the student was apparently under stress.

However, no suicide note has been recovered and further investigation is being made from all possible angles, police said. We are also working to ascertain the cause of death, they added.

( Source : PTI )