Maulana Azad National Urdu University row: Professors lodge complaint

They filed a complaint with the police against some students for assaulting them
Hyderabad: Officials of the Maulana Azad National Urdu University, who were forced to resign from their positions by students on Monday, filed a complaint with the police against some students for assaulting them during the protests. University Proctor Prof. Abdul Wahid, Provost Prof. Aziz Banu and faculty member Prof. Pradeep Kumar went to the police on Tuesday.
A university official said, “The three professors were chased by students and threatened. They were attacked and coerced into resigning. Is this the way students are expected to protest against their professors?”
Prof. Banu said, “There have been protests earlier but not like those on Monday. The students were instigated by some members of the Manuu Teachers Association. While I was climbing the stairs to go to the auditorium for a meeting with students I could clearly hear some Manuta members instigating the students. It was a traumatic experience.”
During the protests inside the auditorium, some students abused the professors over the mike. University vice-chancellor Prof. Khwaja M. Shahid said, “If any complaint is received against any student and if it is proved, disciplinary action will be taken.” She students met Prof. Shahid and gave a representation on various issues and demanded the resignations of the Proctor and the Chief Warden.