Cusat creates history in campus recruitment

A total of 262 students have already been placed through campus selection this academic year

Kochi: Cochin University of Science and Technology (Cusat)’s School of Engineering has created a record in campus recruitment by placing 201 students with a single IT company.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the leading Indian IT services company, recruited such a large number of students for the first time in the history of the university, according to C. V. Prem Kumar, placement co-ordinator, School of Engineering.

A total of 262 students have already been placed through campus selection this academic year. Last year 279 engineering graduates from SOE had got employment in 36 companies.

“Students from different branches including Electronics and Communication, Computer Science and Engineering, IT, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil have been selected this year to TCS. The students were given a flat package of Rs 3.3 lakh annually,” Dr G Madhu, principal of School of Engineering, said. A total of 35 people have been selected from CSE which is the highest from a branch.

“The other companies that recruited students from SOE this year include Wipro (18 students), Verizon (5), Unisys (9), Cybage (13), Latek Vabag (2) and L&T (3. The highest package of Rs 8.5 lakh per annum was given by Amadax which recruited only one person,” said Dr Madhu adding more companies are expected to do campus recruitment during the months of October and November.