Related Stories

Kate Winslet backs out

AGENCIES
Published Sep 20, 2015, 5:09 am IST
Updated Mar 27, 2019, 6:52 pm IST
Kate has now withdrawn the application to build on the picturesque coast of West Sussex
Kate Winslet
 Kate Winslet

Kate Winslet has caved in to Natural England over controversial plans to build a 560 foot-long wall to protect her £3.25 million beachside home from flooding. The 39-year-old actress wanted to install a boulder and gravel sea wall along the West Sussex coast to protect her property. But the actress has bowed to pressure from environmentalists who feared the defence would threaten protected birds nesting on the nature site.

Kate has now withdrawn the application to build on the picturesque coast of West Sussex. A letter from the director of the architects firm handling the development confirmed it will no longer be going ahead on Tuesday last week.

 

Works on the wall were expected to take place between March and May this year, but a time extension was requested by her local council, who said more information was required.

A spokesman for her local council said, “All we know at this stage is that it has been withdrawn and we do not have any more information.”

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->