120 Anna University students get placements

Companies have offered full time jobs to 25 students who attended internships last year
CHENNAI: Several top companies have recruited about 120 students from various departments of Anna University this year through campus placement with a salary package ranging from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 24 lakh per year.
Anna University Vice-Chancellor M.Rajaram said the university had launched dual offer scheme this year by which a student even after getting an offer from IT services company can also sit for placement in IT product and core companies.
Director of the Centre of University Industry Collaboration (CUIC) at the university T. Thyagarajan said placement process started with dream companies on August 10.
Some of the companies that visited the university for placement include Microsoft, CodeNation, Adobe, Pay Pal, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Samsung and Cisco. The university expects many more companies for placement in the next two months.
Bulk hiring process this year is scheduled from October 1. Nearly five companies will participate in the bulk drive accepting the day-one-sharing basis.
The university is also conducting internship for third year students and around 70 students have so far received offers from top IT companies with a monthly stipend ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000 for two months to six months duration.
Companies have offered full time jobs to 25 students who attended internships last year.