VIT university enters Limca Book of Records

Maximum number of students get placement in campus recruitment
Vellore: The VIT university here has entered the ‘Limca Book of Records’ for the fourth year in placing maximum number of students in a single slot as part of its campus placement drive for its 2015-graduated batch.
The selection process was held between September 1 and September 11, 2014. This time the university has created two national records and entered the ‘Limca Book of Records’.
1. Four IT companies recruited more than 1000 students each from 2015-graduated batch of the VIT university.
2. Cognizant has recruited 1911 students from 2015 graduated-batch, which is considered the highest from a single institution. Both VIT & Cognizant have surpassed their earlier record of 1820 students from 2012 VIT-graduated batch.
The VIT university also holds the record for maximum number of students registered for ‘computer-based common entrance test’. A total number of 2,02,406 aspirants registered for ‘VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)’ held between April 8 and 19 this year, thus making VITEEE a record-maker.
The VIT university’s founder & chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan is in all smiles by setting and breaking records by his university. “These records show that we can set records whenever we dream of it and break whenever we have achieved it. In the next stage we also plan to enter Guinness Book of Records in all possible ways. There is no stop for VIT until we set and break all records; even then we will continue to explore for more records,” an elated chancellor said.