Massive student rally for fee reimbursement

There were 41,000 backward class students and 4,900 minority students among them
The main roads in Khammam town witnessed a sea of students on Monday. They held a massive rally demanding the government to pay fee reimbursement and scholarships immediately. The students from 10 junior colleges including Khammam Study Circle Junior College, Naveena, Sri Chaitanya, Lotus and Krishnaveni and eight degree colleges such as Priyadarshini, Srika-vita, Vikas and Marvel and seven engineering colleges Medha, SBIT, Bomma, Browns, Kavita, Kits and Lakshya were involved in the stir.
P. Sankar, a student leader said that the fee reimbursement arrears in the district touched Rs 123 crore and scholarship arrears to Rs 26.67 crore. “About 70,000 students in the district are in these two facilities. There were 41,000 backward class students and 4,900 minority students among them,” he said.
Students holding placards with the slogans like Pay fee reimbursement immediately, Students suffering with non-payment of scholarships and Let us continue our studies went from Pavilion grounds to Yellandu crossroads. The two km road was filled up with the students. K. Anuradha, a second year engineering student said that they have been facing embarrassment due to the grilling of the management on the fee arrears.