All is well in my marriage: John Abraham

DECCAN CHRONICLE | REENA KAPOOR
Published Aug 28, 2015, 1:15 pm IST
Updated Mar 28, 2019, 1:11 am IST
John Abraham
 John Abraham
John Abraham’s sudden disappearing act two years ago triggered a variety of speculations. Even though he was not seen around, the actor-turned-producer-turned-sports entrepreneur says that he has been keeping busy all this while. “I was waiting for my newer lot of films to begin, but I had my plate full with my production house and my football team. The break really worked for me. I had been working non-stop and it made sense to spend time with my friends, my family and myself. I even travelled a little within the country and abroad,” John says. 
 
The actor is now working on three projects  — Rocky Handsome, Dishoom and Force 2. His prolonged absence also fuelled rumours about his marriage with Priya Runchal being in trouble. His silence on that so far hasn’t helped matters much. “Why do I need to give clarifications about what happens in my personal space? I was told about these rumours but there is no truth to them.  Probably, that’s the reason I did not wish to comment. People can speculate. But just to set the record straight, all’s well in my marriage,” he says. 
 
John has always maintained that he is fiercely protective of his personal space and he likes to stay away from controversies. “I’d like to believe that I’m very easy to get along with. I don’t have any ego issues and that helps me keep away from the unwanted stress,” he says, adding that his friends call him the sleeping giant. “It’s best not to mess around with this giant, just let him be,” he adds with a chuckle.   
 
His previous releases Force, Race 2 and Housefull 2 did well at the box office. “It was too early to make a film like Madras Cafe. The heavy content of the film managed to earn critical acclaim but it couldn’t do well commercially. I don’t lose hope with small setbacks. I want to make good cinema. The genre may differ but the idea is to make good films. Like a Welcome Back is in complete contrast to Force and Madras Cafe. But I’ve enjoyed every bit of it.” 
 
John reveals that he has already started work on his directorial debut. “I should make an announcement in 2016,” he says. Not wanting to divulge any more, he only says that 2016 will be a busy year for him. “The so-called sabbatical is over,” he says.
...




ADVERTISEMENT

More From Bollywood

-->