Rural kids from western districts of Tamil Nadu do well at Tanuvas counselling

K. Jothimeena from Dharmapuri district topped the list by securing a total of 197.50 marks
Chennai: Students from rural areas, especially from the western districts of Tamil Nadu, fared well at the counseling for the various veterinary science courses held at the Madras Veterinary College (Tanuvas) on Saturday.
“The top 16 rank holders in the list are students who are the first graduates from their family and most of these are students are from the western districts of Tamil Nadu such as Dharmapuri and Erode,” said S. Thilagar, vice chancellor, Tanuvas.
K. Jothimeena from Dharmapuri district topped the list by securing a total of 197.50 marks, followed by M. Sasiananth from Erode securing 197.25 marks who was followed by S. Kalirajan from Virudhanagar with 197 marks.
Of the total 16, 715 applications received, 16, 017 applications were found eligible out of which 380 students were admitted for the four different courses across the four government veterinary colleges in Tamil Nadu
Counselling for admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal husbandry (BVSc & AH), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Diary technology) and B.Tech (Poultry
production technology) degree courses for the academic year 2015-16 was completed on Saturday.
“The percentage levels for diary technology and poultry production technology were high this time compared with last year. More students are coming forward for courses in veterinary sciences these days,” the Vice-Chancellor said. Of the 320 seats of BVSc & AH course, 15 per cent of seats that are allotted by the Veterinary Council of India will be filled later, he added.