Classes resume in Acharya Nagarjuna University on a peaceful note

Closed circuit cameras installed on the campus to monitor the situation

Guntur: The classes restarted on Wednesday in Acharya Nagarjuna University after a gap of 10 days.

The students, teaching and non-teaching staffs on Wednesday took out a peace rally in the ANU campus on the occasion of reopening of ANU Vice-Chancellor Prof. K.R.S. Sambasiva Rao assured all action for creating peaceful atmosphere on the campus and total security to girl students. He conducted a meeting with the faculty and other staff of the ANU and asked them to take care of the students without giving any chance for ragging.

Mr Sambasiva Rao said that a private security agency was appointed to look after the security of ANU campus. He added that half of the students of the ANU have identity cards and rest of the student will get ID cards as soon as possible. He added that no one from outside would be allowed in the campus and said that 20 banners were erected in the campus against ragging. He further added that CC cameras were installed in the campus for the safety of students. Mr Sambasiva Rao said that complaint boxes were installed in the campus and further students can lodge complaints online if they face any difficulty.

The students without ID cards faced troubles to attend classes as security and police personal did not allow them to enter the campus. The professors came to students’ rescue and took them into the campus.