Acharya Nagarjuna University coordination committee formed

The committee suggested no classes on the campus after 8 pm

Guntur: Acharya Nagarjuna University Coordination Committee was formed on Friday to restrain ragging, harassments and other issues faced bt the students of the varsity. Guntur revenue divisional officer T. Bhaskar Naidu will be the convener of the coordination committee in which ANU staff, revenue, police and students would be members.

Guntur district collector, Kantilal Dande said that all the non-boarders in the Acharya Nagarjuna University campus would be vacated and separate hostels for junior students would be allotted to restrict unlawful activities on the varsity campus. Mr Dande said that all the non-boarders would be vacated under any circumstances.

ANU Vice-Chancellor Prof K.R.S. Sambasiva Rao said that biometric system would be introduced and solar fencing would be installed on the varsity campus. He added that identity cards would be issued to all students and staffs and night patrolling would be conducted on a regular basis.

Speaking on the occasion, Guntur range inspector general of police N. Sanjay said that the police department is trying to establish normalcy on the varsity campus by working in tandem with the revenue department.

Meanhile, the committee suggested no classes on the campus after 8 pm, no entry for political and caste organisations, police outpost, parents to be included in anti-ragging committee and vacating non-boarders.