Guntur: Protests against ragging forces, ANU to declare holidays

The students demanded strict action against all officials found guilty and senior students responsible for the ragging
Guntur: In view of the growing unrest among students of Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), varsity officials have declared holidays for ten days.
With the increasing protest against the ragging and suicide incident of girl student Rishiteswari, ANU officials have finally decided to suspend the classes for a period of ten days to control the situation. The state government is taking serious note of the ANU ragging menace and has ordered for the removal of the boards of caste-based students’ unions on the varsity premises and to vacate non-boarders.
Meanwhile, PDSO state secretary, S.K. Baji Saida, SFI ANU Committee president D. Yesu Raju and other leaders alleged that holidays were declared to save the accused senior students and officials from the ragging case. They questioned the need of declaring holidays when the ANU fact finding committee is probing the ragging case. The protesters also accused the warden and other officials of showing lethargy in reacting to the complaint filed by Rishiteswari. The students demanded strict action against all officials found guilty and senior students responsible for the ragging.
The police led by CI K. Sesha Rao and others objected to the rally organised by the students. Students blocked the way to the V-C chamber and raised slogans against the closure of the university for ten days.
ANU registrar, P. Rajasekhar and other officials met the students and said that the government has decided to reform the campus hence the holidays were declared.
Meanwhile, Guntur urban SP Sarvasreshth Tripathi conducted meeting with Mr Rajasekhar and other ANU officials.