FTII students are anti-Hindu: RSS mouthpiece

‘Only a mentally challenged will challenge Gajendra Chauhan’s credentials’

New Delhi: If the FTII administration was threatening to rusticate the protesting students, the RSS mouthpiece, Organiser in an article described the protesting students as “anti Hindu” and that “credentials of current students and regular faculties of FTII put together will be of no match to the credentials of Gajendra Chauhan. Only a mentally challenged will challenge Gajendra Chauhan’s credentials.”

While there was speculation that Gajendra Chauhan was an RSS’ choice to head the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), the outfit’s mouthpiece in an article not merely flayed the protesters but also branded some of the leading filmmakers as being “anti-Hindu.”

It’s first target was filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani. Following reports that Hirani’s name was doing the rounds to head the FTII, the article stated, “The name of Rajkumar Hirani, director of PK; which portrays Hindus in negative light on the Board of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune was being perceived as a signal that government can’t stand tall in front of anti-Hindu fringe elements. And as expected, as soon as the government appointed Gajendra Chauhan, anti-Hindu fringe elements did what they are best at. They started protest against the newly appointed Chairman of Governing Council.”

What if Gajendra Chauhan is often being branded as “a 34-year-veteran of C grade films” and made appearances in films like Jungle Love, Jungle Queen, Jungle ka Beta, Jungle Hero, Bhayanak Panja and Rupa Rani Ramkali among others the article argued that Gajednra Chauhan “does not lack credentials” as he has “worked in around 150 movies and over 600 TV serials and has experience of 34 years.”