The Indian Premier League 2020

Karunya-Salzer innovation cell opened

DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published Jul 15, 2015, 11:17 am IST
Updated Mar 28, 2019, 1:07 pm IST
Cell is formed to provide students with practical training and equip them with latest technology
The chancellor of Karunya University Dr Paul Dhinakaran exchanges MoU with Doraiswamy, managing director of Salzer electronics ltd., in Coimbatore, on Tuesday (Photo: DC)

Coimbatore: Karunya-Salzer innovation cell is the joint initiative of school of electrical sciences, Karunya University and Salzer electronics Ltd., Coimbatore. This innovation cell will bring students, researchers, professors and industrial professionals together to develop innovative products in the field of electrical and electronics sciences.

The cell is formed with a vision to empower the students on par with industry and to provide students with practical training and equip them with the latest technology. A MoU was signed between Salzer electronics ltd., and Karunya University to provide industrial visit, in-plant practical training, minor and major projects to the students of Karunya University at Salzer factory on mutually agreed schedule.

This will benefit the students to develop and select new products in the innovation cell, Salzer will provide materials for this project.  A successful, unique product may be patterned and a commercial manufacturing unit may be organised by Salzer electronics limited with mutual benefit.  This will also encourage the students to start their entrepreneurship programme.

...
Location: Tamil Nadu